MaiMai Ltd. operates an online shop at shop-maimai.com (the “Website”). All orders placed by you via the Website as well as our deliveries and services are governed exclusively by the General Terms and Conditions of Business set out below, as applicable at the time the order is placed. We do not accept any diverging terms and conditions from the customer except where specifically agreed in writing.
The languages available for contracts are Latvian and English.
The presentation of products on our Website does not constitute any offer for a purchase contract.
By submitting the order form provided on our Website to us you are placing a binding offer for a purchase contract with us. You submit an offer by entering all required information during the ordering process and posting the order form to us by using the button “buy”. Before you submit your offer you will be able to view the details input by you and correct any mistakes in the information provided.
On receipt of your order we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and stating the details of your order (order confirmation). Please note that our order confirmation does not constitute a declaration of acceptance of your contractual offer but serves for information purposes only.
A purchase contract between you and MaiMai Ltd. will become effective only after we have accepted the offer by dispatching the goods ordered. If payment in advance was chosen as payment option, the goods will be dispatched only after the full amount has been credited to our account.
MaiMai Ltd. has the right to refuse any offer without stating a reason, especially if there are legitimate grounds to suspect that the goods purchased via the internet are intended to be resold on a commercial basis.
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us, MaiMai Ltd. 4-1 Ikskiles Str., Ogre, LV-5001, Latvia, phone +371 26614850, E-Mail: email@example.com
of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Model withdrawal form
I hereby give notice that I withdraw from my contract of sale of the following goods:
Name of consumer:
Address of consumer:
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
All documents that may be helpful for you when returning goods are enclosed with your parcel.
Returns will be credited to your account/card, any losses caused by currency fluctuations will not be refunded.
For any questions about your right of return, please contact our Customer Care Team:
Phone: +371 26614850
The prices stated on our Website at the time of your order apply.
5. Storage of contract data
We store your order data. If you wish to print your order, you may do so by customer Order list. It will appear on your screen once you have submitted your order to us by clicking the “submit order” button.
In addition you will receive an e-mail order confirmation stating all details entered, which may be printed out as well.
6. Shipping & dispatch
Your package will be shipped with Omniva, DPD or Latvijas pasts, depending on your delivery destination. MaiMai Ltd. is liable for any potential transport risks.
Regarding destinations the goods will be ready for dispatch upon receipt of payment on our account within two business days. Unless agreed otherwise, delivery will be made within 1 to 10 business days to the shipment address specified by customer, depending on the shipment method and place of delivery chosen. If payment in advance was chosen as payment option, the goods will be dispatched only after the full purchase price has been credited to our account.
For any questions about taxes and duties in your country, please e-mail to our Customer Care Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please note that you will be responsible for any banking charges as may be incurred in foreign countries.
You can use a credit card, debit card, PayPal or a wire transfer to pay for your purchase.
8. Retention of title
The goods delivered remain property of MaiMai Ltd. until full payment.
10. Legal Warranties
Claims based on defects in the delivered goods shall be governed by the applicable legal provisions according to Latvian law
11. Liability apart from the legal warranty
1. We accept unlimited liability for damage caused by intent or gross negligence. Our liability for breaches by ordinary negligence of any major obligations or secondary obligations whose breach puts the achievement of the contractual purpose at risk or whose fulfillment is essential to the due and proper performance of the contract and whose fulfillment customer could reasonably rely upon (“essential secondary obligation”), shall be limited to foreseeable damage characteristic for the contract. We accept no liability for any breach by ordinary negligence of contractual secondary obligations which are not essential secondary obligations.
2. Nothing in this shall prejudice our liability in the event of fraudulent concealment of defects or a guarantee as to quality, for claims based on the Product Liability Act, and for damage caused by injury to life, limb or health. This shall not entail a reversal of the burden of proof to customer’s disadvantage.
3. To the exception of claims based on tort, any claims for damages of customer for which our liability is limited hereunder, shall become time-barred one year after the commencement of the statutory limitation period.
4. Any exclusion or limitation of the liability of MaiMai Ltd. shall extend also to the personal liability of its employees, members of staff, representatives and vicarious agents.
12. Governing law, severability
1. All legal disputes arising out of or in connection with a purchase contract shall be governed exclusively by Latvian law with the exception of non-dispositive.
2. As far as the purchaser is consumer, the right of the Republic of Latvia applies only as far as no compelling laws, in particular consumer protection regulations, apply.
3. The provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods dated 11 April 1980 (UN Sales Convention) shall be excluded.